Find clubs near home and when you travel
There are about 500 mineral, gem and lapidary clubs in the United States and every one will welcome you. Find them through the American Federation of Mineral Societies and its regional groups. Contact clubs directly to confirm meeting date/time/place. Ask about local geological or mineralogical sites of special interest in areas where you're traveling.
The DC area has great clubs
Each has its own focus and personality. Many MSDC members belong to several clubs.
- Gem, Lapidary and Mineralogical Society of Montgomery County (MD) - annual show in March
- The Northern Virginia Mineral Club - annual show in November
- Micromineralogists of the National Capital Area - annual conference in April
- American Fossil Federation (meets in Bowie, MD)
- Chesapeake Gem & Mineral Society - annual show in April
- Baltimore Mineral Society
- Southern Maryland Rock & Mineral Club (meets in Waldorf, MD) - annual show in November - active field-trip program
- Gem, Lapidary and Mineralogical Society of DC - no website available
We are affiliated with the
American Federation of Mineralogical Societies (AFMS)
and we are a founding member of the
Eastern Federation of Mineralogical and Lapidary Societies (EFMLS)